What these lumpy cookies lack in style they more than make up for in rich, chewy, nuttiness.
By Ruth Kirwan
- ½ stick of butter (1/4 cup), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned minute oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white flour
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Whisk together the butter and eggs and add the oats. Set aside to let the oats soak a bit.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, dark brown sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the butter, eggs and oats and mix, then add the flour and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Drop the cookies in tablespoon sized balls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms have browned and slightly crisped, and the cookies come easily off the bottom of the pan. Allow to cool slightly before serving.