Get ready for a new brownie obsession: S’mores brownies with an Elvis twist… peanut butter and bacon! This sweet and salty dessert combination cannot be beat.
Usually Elvis inspired foods include banana, but I decided to nix those for brownies.
You can make S’mores brownies a gazillion ways, especially once you start playing around with different chocolate chip and marshmallow flavors. Use this recipe for a base and let you’re imagination run wild….but try these first.
Hands down, the best brownie mix is from Aldi. It’s $0.89 and whenever I make them, people believe they’re from scratch. I’m not sure what they put in the mix, but we always buy 2-3 boxes during a trip to Aldi.
Trust me on the bacon aspect of these brownies. If you don’t have bacon grease on hand, you can use regular oil and sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon in the mix. That would work too.
Elvis Marshmallow BrowniesAshleigh Evans
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers about 2 packages
- 1 box brownie mix Try the Aldi variety!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup bacon grease
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using a small, pourable bowl (like a Pyrex one), melt butter and whisk in sugar. Stir until combined. In a chopper, or by hand, add graham cracker crumbs to a bowl and pour butter mixture on top. Stir to combine. (It will look like sand).
- Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Press graham mixture on the bottom, evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the brownie mix into bowl (you can use the same one!). Add coconut oil, bacon grease, eggs and water. Mix until combined, about 1 minute. Add peanut butter chips.
- Once graham crust is finished, pour brownie mix over. Bake for an additional 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and bake for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool for 20 minutes before cutting. They will be fudgy and gooey.
Ashleigh creates recipes with bold flavors the whole family can enjoy. She is a mom of 3 girls: 7 year old twins and a 4 year old. Whenever she can, she adds veggies and other ingredients help healthify her recipes. On weeknights, Ashleigh shares her quick #WhatsForDinner recipes and tips on SnapChat which followers love.