Enjoy this recipe for an egg salad sandwich where, instead of mayo, you use cottage cheese.
By Jerri Green
- 4 large organic hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- toasted bread of your choice
- a few cherry tomatoes and spinach leaves (optional)
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, oil, parsley, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Using a large fork, mash ingredients together thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on toasted bread (I used an english muffin) and top with tomatoes and spinach if desired.
Jerri Green is a vegetarian that lives with and loves a self-proclaimed carnivore. She makes meals work for everyone while juggling the mounting demands of motherhood. Nothing fancy but always fresh, she draws on her southern heritage to bring satisfying food to the table each and everyday.