Sponsored Post: #EnjoyItsFromEurope This post is brought to you by Jambon de Bayonne aka Bayonne Ham, the melt-in-your-mouth charcuterie from Europe. You’ve probably tried cured ham before, but have you had French Bayonne ham? Be sure to enter for a chance to win Bayonne ham here.
This healthy high protein egg bake casserole makes the perfect breakfast or brunch. Make ahead of time and reheat during the week for an easy breakfast on the go. Loaded with ham, feta sun dried tomatoes and spinach, it’s packed with protein and nutrients to keep you full until lunch.
It’s safe to say Michael and I go through eggs like it’s our JOB. We seriously make them every Saturday, Sunday and then some week nights for an easy dinner.
Typically I make my eggs with cottage cheese, salsa, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, but other times I’ll switch it up and make a jammy 6 minute egg sandwich with hummus and veggies.
Either way I make them, there’s no way I’m taking the time to make them in the morning. Instead I opt for overnight oats like these strawberry cheesecake protein oats or my classic peanut butter chia seed oats.
Y’all… This healthy high protein egg bake casserole has been a game changer to my breakfast routine!
It’s packed with protein from the eggs, feta and delicious ham from Bayonne Ham.
This specific ham adds the perfect amount of saltiness and sweetness to this easy egg bake. It seriously melts in your mouth and I found myself continuously snacking on it while making this egg bake!
I’m a HUGE salt lover, but I didn’t need to any any to this recipe because it came out perfectly thanks to the feta and ham.
Naturally I had to add in some veggies, too.
I added in 2 cups of spinach that of course shrank down to practically nothing. You can read more about that in this post — HA. I also added sun dried tomatoes because, well, why not?
I just love them and think they pair nicely with feta and spinach. They add a sweetness and I’m also a big fan of their texture. It adds somewhat of a meatiness to the egg bake if you know what I mean?
Today I warmed up two slices of this easy high protein egg bake on a plate. I cut it up into small squares and dipped it into some guacamole and cottage cheese. I’m obsessed with cottage cheese if you couldn’t tell from my instagram.
I finished it off with a Flourless Sweet Potato Brownie and it was the best Saturday treat!
Be sure to enter for a chance to win Bayonne ham here.
- 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ Cup Milk I used almond milk, you can use whatever you like
- ⅓ Cup Feta
- ½ Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes Strained
- 2 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Ham chopped into bite sized pieces
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Next, whisk in the milk. Stir in the garlic.
- Stir in feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, ham, spinach and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Space out the ham, sundried tomatoes and spinach, if necessary.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the until the eggs are firm and the top is slightly golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares and serve warm. Season with additional pepper, if necessary.