Fish that is easy to prepare, tastes good and is rich on vitamins and omega-3? Get the recipe on Baked White Halibut from Norway.
Norwegian halibut is a flatfish that is often served as a substantial fillet with an even thickness throughout. Its firm white flesh has a distinctive flaky structure and its large bones are easy to remove, allowing for easy preparation and consistent results. Rich in protein, vitamins and omega-3, halibut’s firm, flaky flesh pairs well with a variety of ingredients and can be prepared in multiple ways. Due to its high quality, steady supply and versatility, halibut has secured a place among chefs worldwide.
Try this easy recipe – ready to eat in 20 min.Print
Easy Recipe – Baked White Halibut from Norway
Baked White Halibut from Hjelmeland, Norway
- Author: Jessica Butera
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: 4
- 2 lbs Norwegian White Halibut fillet
- 8 oz salted butter
- 4–6 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put halibut in a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes or to desired
- temperature. Let it rest on a warm place or with a lid on for another 20
- While the halibut is cooking, melt the butter until just beginning to brown.
- Add shallots and let it cook for about 3 minutes, or until shallots are golden
- brown. Add parsley and serve.
NORTH is the first ever Nordic Food Festival to be held in New York City. At NORTH, you will have the chance to taste the food from some of the most famous Nordic chefs, learn how to cook Nordic specialities and be inspired by master classes featuring the best of what the Nordic region has to offer.