- 2 cups of cooked and chilled risotto (see recipe link earlier in the post)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1.5 cups Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 4 oz mozzarella (cubed)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to shallow fry (about 1/2 cup)
- To Dip: Marinara
- In a medium sized bowl, add chilled risotto, eggs, Parmesan and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Stir to incorporate.
- Preheat cast iron skillet or pan with 1/2 inch Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Pour the rest of the bread crumbs on a plate.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the risotto mixture into round balls. Roll to make a circle, then push a small square of mozzarella in the center. Roll to cover cheese.
- Transfer the arancini to the bread crumb plate and roll to cover. Place in hot pan, frying on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate after cooking and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with warmed marinara.
If you are prepping ahead of time, make follow all of the steps before shallow frying, including rolling in the bread crumbs. Store on a plate in the refrigerator until ready to fry–up to 3 days.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian