Rather than a sweet potato casserole, create this classy sweet potato appetizer with sage and crispy prosciutto. Serve with a lemon aioli for extra flavor.
We’re all used to seeing loads of sweet potatoes this time of year. And it’s in all the same old ways. Marshmallows, casserole, brown sugar & walnuts….you know what I’m talking about. I wanted something different.
Sliced thinly, then a little olive oil drizzle, salt, pepper, prosciutto, and sage…then into the oven they go. I’m calling that three ingredients – not bad!
As an appetizer, these stacks are tasty on their own, but I liked dipping them in a lemon garlic mayo. Totally yum!
- 1 large sweet potato, rinsed not peeled
- 1 pkg prosciutto, or as needed
- 1 pkg sage, or as needed
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 lemon (zest and just a bit of juice)
- ½ C mayonnaise
- salt and cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the whole sweet potato on a mandoline about an ? inch thick.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with piece of prosciutto and sage leaf.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, lemon zest & juice, mayonnaise, a tiny bit of salt and some cracked black pepper in a small ramekin.
- Remove from oven and serve on a platter - enjoy!