Make your own taco seasoning to have on had for beautifully flavored tacos or fajitas. Our favorite ingredient may be the cinnamon or that we can adjust the heat to our liking. adapted from Love & Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons ground chile powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and whisk until evenly distributed. Can be stored in an airtight jar or container for future use. Recipe doubles (or triples, or more) very easily.
- If using ground meat, brown the meat first then add seasoning along with a few tablespoons of water. You’ll want about 2 tablespoons of seasoning per pound of ground meat. Stir regularly until meat is fully cooked and sauce is thickened. I like to add a diced small onion while I brown the meat, and a drained can of black beans right at the end. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- You can also use the seasoning as a rub for chicken breast. Sear the chicken breasts until fully cooked and slice thin before adding to tacos.
- Category: Side, Spice, Topping
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired