A delicious, grown up way to enjoy watermelon. Try this daiquiri twist from Christina Soong-Kroeger.
By Christina Soong-Kroeger
- 2 cups of watermelon chunks, seeds removed
- 100 mls white rum
- Juice of half a lime or 30-50mls fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 4-6 teaspoons caster sugar (to taste)
- 2 large handfuls of ice
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Put first five ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into martini glasses and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Makes 2 large serves (4 martini glasses)
Christina publishes The Hungry Australian - a collection of recipes, reviews and stories about food - and is a regular contributor to Sumptuous. Her writing has appeared in the China Daily and That’s Shanghai while her photography regularly appears on Foodgawker, Tasteologie and Photograzing. After eating her way around Shanghai, London, Hong Kong, Leeds and Melbourne, she now calls Adelaide, South Australia, home again.