Delicious dairy-free orange muffins with dark chocolate chips. Do you fancy a boost of vitamin C?
By Marta Nadales
Oranges are just perfect these months, so I bought some of the best to prepare some delicious dairy-free orange muffins with a touch of dark chocolate.
Do you fancy a boost of Vitamin C?
- 150g self-raising flour
- 130g soy milk
- 70g sugar
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sachet baking powder
- Zest of 1 big orange, grated
- 2 eggs
- 60g dark chocolate chips (min 75% cocoa)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 210ºC (410ºF)
- Beat the eggs and sugar until slightly white and creamy. Add the olive oil, milk, salt and whisk well.
- Add the orange zest and beat well so as to distribute the orange flavour (and vitamins!). Add flour and baking powder. Whisk well.
- Fill the muffin tins up to ¾ and place the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 15-20mins 210ºC (410ºF)
Vocational linguist and passionate foodie, Marta was born in Coruña, a beautiful city bathed by the Atlantic in NorthWest Spain, and soon developed a crush on food. She's lived in different cities by the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and also by the English Channel, which contributed to her notion of the world as a huge multicultural kitchen. Avid reader and passionate traveller, Marta can't imagine her dairy-free life without vegetables, spices, herbs and sea products. Currently living in sea-less Madrid, she claims "I need a mouthful of ocean twice a week!".