With its riot of colors, it looks truly inviting and has just the right amount of sweetness to it.
By Prathima Rao
After an overload of sweets, a simple refreshing salad for lunch or dinner sounds welcoming. I love the following combo of veggies & fruits. With its riot of colors, it looks truly inviting & has just the right amount of sweetness to it.
- lettuce (i dint add it)
- the common light green or white head variety of cabbage
- red or purple cabbage
- red, yellow & green bell peppers
- carrot, grated
- pineapple, cut into small cubes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- a little mustard paste (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients of the dressing in a small jar so that they are well combined. Set aside.
- Steam the cabbages for few mins. I prefer having them this way instead of raw. But do not over cook them. They have to remain crunchy.
- In a serving bowl mix all the vegetables & fruits. Chill in fridge till serving time.
- At serving time, sprinkle a desired amount of dressing onto the salad. You may serve them on a bed of lettuce.
Born and brought up in South India amongst hard core food enthusiasts. Cooking and food has always been a part of Prathima’s growing years with every family gathering accompanied by a scrumptious and elaborate meal. Now, traditional vegetarian food of her community has paved way to contemporary and quicker dishes.