An all-star, easy-to-follow Mediterranean Salad recipe that is loaded with fresh vibrant flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, chickpeas, feta cheese and tangerine.
By Joana Oliveira
Got a crowd coming over? This big-batch salad makes a great starter or an accompaniment to any main dish you prepare.
This mediterranean salad is loaded with fresh vibrant flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers, chickpeas, feta cheese and tangerine. All this on a bed of salad greens and drizzled with a tangy tapenade (a popular french dip with olives and capers) and citrus dressing.
- Mixed greens (lettuce, arugula, watercress)
- 1 roasted or sautéed red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted or sautéed green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Handful (8) sun-dried tomatoes,
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (for crunchiness, sautée in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes or until golden)
- 1 tangerine (or clementine), peeled and split into segments
- Small handful sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 cup black or kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tangerine (or clementine) zest
- Pinch of salt
- For the dessing, place the olives, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and water in a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a soft paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until emulsified. Set aside.
- Place a generous portion of greens in a big bowl and add all the other ingredients. Just before you are ready to serve, toss the salad with the tapenade dressing.
My name is Joana and I am a passionate foodie on a food sensitivities friendly diet. My Gut Feeling blog features mainly gluten free, dairy free and low FODMAP recipes. For more info please visit: