Crispy on the outside and packed with juicy blueberries on the inside, these sweet little Blueberry Fritters are what summer breakfast dreams are made of.
These crispy on the outside, bite-sized fritters are tender and cinnamon-y and filled with fresh, plump, juicy blueberries, then lightly dusted with confectioner’s sugar. Everyone will adore these beauties served up for breakfast. I guarantee it!
Crispy Blueberry FrittersMary Ann Dwyer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- canola oil for frying
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring with a spatula just until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat about 3-4 inches of canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Do not heat the oil too quickly or above medium heat or the fritters will burn.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonful into the hot oil. I usually put in 5 at a time. Do not leave the pot while the fritters are cooking. Flip occasionally to promote even browning. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until fritters are cooked through.
- Remove from pot with slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Hello, my name is Mary Ann Dwyer and I am the blogger behind The Beach House Kitchen. I grew up my entire life lucky enough to spend summers at the Jersey Shore. I entertain from Memorial Day to Labor Day and love every minute of it. My fondest memories are from times spent there enjoying meals with family and friends and this blog is my way of sharing it with you.