If you are like me, then you probably gravitate towards most any pasta dish. Toasted Ravioli is no exception. If I make this as an appetizer, then every time I pass by, I grab 1 or 2 or … and before I know it, they’re all gone.
Originally created in Italy, of course, this dish was then later popularized in St Louis, MO! What?! That’s a long way from Italy, but we thank you Missouri! Typically you will find them breaded then deep fried and served with a marinara sauce. Sounds a bit fried, but tasty, but for this recipe we are steering clear of the deep fryer and going for toasted in the oven.
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbls Milk
- 9 oz pkg Fresh Four Cheese Ravioli, refrigerated section
- 1 cup Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbls dried Italian Herbs (herb mix)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set up 2 shallow bowls. In one bowl, whisk the Egg and Milk together. In the second bowl, mix together Panko, Parmesan Cheese, Italian herbs, Salt & Pepper.
- Dredge the fresh Ravioli in the Egg mixture followed by the Panko mixture pressing in some of the mixture to help it stick. Set on parchment lined baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite heated pasta/marinara sauce, adding salt and pepper if needed.