This creamy spinach risotto is a wonderful and simple dish to be enjoyed at any time.
By Nicole Medgenberg
- - 80 grams (1 stick) of butter
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- - 1 cup of arborio rice
- - 1 cup of white wine
- - 3 cups of water
- - 2 cups of baby spinach
- - 1 cup of heavy cream
- - ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- - 1 Ts salt
- In a large pot, melt the butter, add onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat until ingredients are transparent.
- Add the rice, stir for a few seconds, then add wine. Bring to a boil and let half of the liquid evaporate.
- In the meantime, blend the water with spinach and salt. Add this mixture little by little to the pot, this should take about 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, stir until incorporated and keep cooking until rice is done.
Nicole Medgenberg is a German-Mexican food, travel and lifestyle journalist based in Mexico City. She writes for several Latin American publications including National Geographic Traveler and Cosmopolitan Magazine. She has a passion for traveling, eating local food, cooking and writing about it all in her food blog La Cocinera con Prisa.