- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 large leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 pound medium shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon dry mustard
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 11/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Dry white wine
- 1 pound linguine
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leek and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned and the liquid has evaporated. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute longer. Remove the vegetables to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet and add the shrimp and scallops. Cook the seafood for 4-5 minutes, until the shrimp begin to turn pink and the scallops are white. Remove to the same bowl with a slotted spoon. Pour liquid from the skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons in a measuring cup. Add enough white wine to the measuring cup to bring the level up to ? cup.
- Heat the quarter cup of butter in the skillet until melted, over low heat. Add the flour, salt, pepper and mustard and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and bubbling. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour in the half-and-half, stirring until smooth. Add the wine mixture and once again, stir until smooth.
- Put the skillet back on the stove and heat gently until the sauce bubbles. Add the vegetables and seafood and mix to coat.
- Pour the everything into an ungreased shallow casserole dish. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, or until the top of the seafood just begins to brown.
- While the seafood cooks, heat a pot of water and cook the linguine to al dente. Serve the seafood over the pasta.
- Category: Secondi