Sherron Watson with a great side dish that is easily prepared in the slow cooker.
By Sherron Watson
I have always been a huge fan of corn and this dish is by far my favorite corn dish. I used to make this without bacon, but then we all know that bacon makes everything taste that much better. I like this recipe best cooked in a slow cooker for a few hours verses heating it up on the stove top. In the slow cooker it gets nice and creamy and the corn has a chance to drink in the flavors of the parmesan and cream cheese. Leftovers, if there are any, are the best. The parmesan really shines the next day along with the smokiness of the bacon. A simple side dish of corn turned into a gourmet treat for your family.
- 3 (16 oz.) cans of corn, drained
- ?1 (8oz.) package or (227 g) of cream cheese, soft
- ?4 tablespoons or (59 g) of butter, soft
- 1 cup or (100 g) of Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ pound or (.45 kg) of bacon, cooked crisp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker add the above ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally or on low for 6 hours.
- Serve immediately.