Sherron Watson with a great side dish that is easily prepared in the slow cooker.
By Sherron Watson
I have always been a huge fan of corn and this dish is by far my favorite corn dish. I used to make this without bacon, but then we all know that bacon makes everything taste that much better. I like this recipe best cooked in a slow cooker for a few hours verses heating it up on the stove top. In the slow cooker it gets nice and creamy and the corn has a chance to drink in the flavors of the parmesan and cream cheese. Leftovers, if there are any, are the best. The parmesan really shines the next day along with the smokiness of the bacon. A simple side dish of corn turned into a gourmet treat for your family.Print
Creamy Parmesan Corn and Bacon
A great side dish that is easily prepared in the slow cooker.
- Author: Sherron Watson
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 3 (16 oz.) cans of corn, drained
- ?1 (8oz.) package or (227 g) of cream cheese, soft
- ?4 tablespoons or (59 g) of butter, soft
- 1 cup or (100 g) of Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 pound or (.45 kg) of bacon, cooked crisp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker add the above ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally or on low for 6 hours.
- Serve immediately.
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.
This sounds great as a Thanksgiving side dish…and one less thing to take up space in the oven or on the stovetop.