John Nevado with the perfect summer salad to share in company of good friends and lots of rosé wine.
By John Nevado
What a romantic salad you got there! Please enjoy this summer-time salad in your fragrant garden. Bring together a large group of friends, sit around a heavy oak table, make sure lots of bottles of rosé wine on table. Then bring out this “Salade Romantique!”. Wait for the “Whooooah!” from your guests!
- 400 g (14 oz) Jerusalem Artichoke
- 200 g (7 oz.) cauliflower, shredded
- 80 g (1 oz.) mixed salad (rucola, spinach, iceberg, romaine – tossed together)
- 1 fistful rose petals (Nevado Roses USDA Organic Edible Petals)
- olive oil for frying pan
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp (0.5 oz.) ginger, finely diced
- red chili, finely diced
- 20 g (11/16 oz.) sundried tomatoes, shredded
- dl (1 oz.) japanese soy sauce
- dl (1 oz.) olive oil
- dl (1 oz.) pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Peel the artichokes and dice them.
- Fry the artichokes in olive oil until crispy.
- For the dressing mix raisins, ginger, chili, tomatoes and soy in a pot.
- Bring to boil and then remove from heat to let cool.
- Drizzle in the olive oil to add to the dressing. Drizzle. Really.
- In another pot mix the cauliflower, the salad, the rose petals and the fried artichoke.
- Ripple the dressing on top of the salad. Ripple it.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan. Let cool. Spread over salad.