The King Of Roses is back with a deliciously romantic Rose Petal Kimchee hors d´oeuvre recipe.
By John Nevado
This is my first posting in a ”triptych” of delicious hors d´oeuvres made with roses as the main ingredient. A savoury korean kimchee, rolled in fresh, luscious rose petals. To serve when you are trying to bag that date, to impress, or just when you want to feel a little rose-romance at home. Alone. On a rainy tuesday.
- 175 grammes (6 oz.) Chinese Cabbage
- 1 liter (34 oz. or 4.2 cups) water
- 1 ¾ (2 oz.) table spoon salt
- tbsp (0.5 oz) paprika powder
- tbsp (0.5 oz.) shredded ginger
- tbsp (0.25 oz.) sugar
- ½ garlic clove, shredded
- 1 tbsp (0.5 oz.) rice vinegar
- tbsp (0.25 oz.) japanese soy sauce
- Separate the Chinese cabbage leaves.
- Mix water and salt and soak the cabbage for a few hours.
- Rinse the cabbage under running water.
- Let the cabbage leaves dry on a kitchen towel.
- Fasten with a toothpick.
- Fasten your Seat Belts.