Now, these aren’t perfect macarons. They needed to be folded a little bit more, because they are sitting too high, they need smoother tops. But they are still great.
By Michelle Keith
Whenever I tell people I’m going to make macarons, they always say: “Oh you mean Macaroons; right?”
Then I have to explain, “No these are French cookies. Macarons.” Then they just nod and say, “Oh, okay.” Kind of like when you can’t understand a toddler or someone with a really heavy accent, and you don’t want to keep asking, “What? Huh?” So, you just let it go.
- 2 egg whites from large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ c almond flour
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 5 tbs granulated sugar
- 2 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 pouch Oreo cookies n cream icing
- Preheat oven to 350class
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour and powdered sugar pulse until fine. Set aside.
- In a mixer, place the egg whites and beat until foamy (bubble bath texture) slowly beat in the granulated sugar and class continue to beat until thick and stiff (shaving cream texture)
- Gently fold the two mixtures together and mix by hand until smooth
- Place mixture in a piping bag
- Pipe into 1? circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place 1 tsp of filling (icing) on the smooth side of cookie, and sandwich together.