Need an easy and delicious dairy-free dessert for the holiday? Look no further! This “cheesecake” is made with simple food like dates and almond milk to create a creamy peppermint cheesecake.
By using the Collagen Creamer in this yummy dairy-free Coconut Peppermint Cheesecake recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy a sweet dairy-free treat while you reap the benefits of collagen… which helps promote healthier skin, hair, and nails. Free of dairy and gluten, this coconut creamer contains a base of organic coconut milk and 10 grams of grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine Collagen Peptides. It’s sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering!
dairy-free Coconut Peppermint CheesecakeVital Proteins
- ½ C pitted dates
- 1 C chopped almonds
- 1/4 C coconut flakes
- 2 T almond milk
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1 t cinnamon
- Toppings: chopped dark chocolate crushed candy canes and pomegranate
- 2 C raw cashews soaked in hot water
- 1½ C coconut cream fat part
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer
- Begin by soaking the cashews in a bowl with boiled water. You can leave them in there while preparing the crust or leave them overnight.
- For the crust, combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped and smooth. Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 8-inch spring pan until you have an even layer at the bottom.
- After rinsing out the food processor, add in the filling mixture. Mix until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Add the filling on top of the crust and smooth it out evenly. Then, add your toppings and store in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer, cut into pieces and enjoy!
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.