Cooking and eating can taste good and feel good to your body. Check out a new cookbook that teaches us how and try out a perfectly easy soup for the end of winter.
I want to show you that eating clean and living clean feels good. Not because you should do it, but because once you see life this way, you’ll never got back. There’s not an inflammatory white bagel in the world that I’d eat to give up for as good as I feel right now. When you figure out what works for you and makes you feel amazing, why wouldn’t you do that every day? Don’t you do what makes you feel good? I do! That’s why I’ve compiled all my tips and recipes in my new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body.
My new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body, is filled with over 200 plant-based anti-inflammatory recipes that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, corn, refined sugar, white flours and other inflammatory foods. This book is a roadmap to detox your food and your life no matter what symptoms you and your family may be facing. Inside, I show you how to fight inflammation and eat clean on a daily basis.
I never want anyone to go through what I went through for 10 very painful, exhausting years of chronic illness trying to figure out how to be healthy in a real way. I’m ready to hand over the keys to you to shortcut your journey to wellness and save you time, money and suffering with my new book.
Here’s a sneak peak of a recipe from my new book. I hope you love it!
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 yellow, red and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 recipe Gluten-Free Herbed Croutons, for garnish
- Sliced avocado, for garnish; optional
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish; optional
- Drizzle Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce, for garnish; optional
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and broth. Season with salt and black pepper, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Let the soup cool slightly, and then, in batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- If needed, thin the soup with water. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Return the soup to the pot to keep warm until serving.
- Serve garnished with the Herbed Croutons and, if desired, the avocado and cilantro on top and Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce on the side.