Enjoy warming your hands with a hot bowl of comforting chicken broth that marries all the classic ingredients of a minestrone.
by Nick Sandler
Ali Allen Copyright © 2015
This classic chicken ministrone recipe is great to make in big batches for lunch or a weekday dinner. Just pop it in the microwave and you’ve got comfort in a bowl!
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Magic of Broths © 2016 by Nick Sandler, Kyle Books.
This article was originally posted as, “Comforting Chicken Minestrone” on Relish.Print
- Author: Nick Sandler
- Category: Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken thighs, cut into approx. 1/2-inch dice)
- 3 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 can (14-ounces of cannellini beans)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved parmesan (optional, to serve)
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the bean and salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes until soft and meltingly good.
- Add the beans and season. At this point you can stir it up so that the bean mush incorporates into the broth, giving it more body.
- Serve topped with shaved Parmesan if you wish.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.