This cake deserves all the praise. Perfect balance of sweetness, with deep dark chocolate flavor enhanced by some coffee.
By Tamara Novakoviç
Chocolate plus zucchini are slowly becoming a classic combination among food blogs, don’t you agree? However, I’ve recently tried it for the first time and have to say I love it. I started writing this feeling like this cake needs an excuse to be tasted and loved, extra explanations. But I won’t do that. Because this cake deserves all the praise. Perfect balance of sweetness, with deep dark chocolate flavor enhanced by some coffee.
- 8.4 oz (240 g) all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.1 oz (60 g) cocoa powder
- 7 oz (200 g) brown sugar
- 4 oz (115 g) butter
- 3 large eggs
- 5.6 oz (160 g) dark chocolate
- 12.3 oz (350 g) grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 356 F (180 C).
- Line baking pan (you can use bread pan or round or bundt cake pan) with parchment paper.
- Mix butter with sugar. Add eggs-one by one. Add vanilla and coffee.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and powder, salt and cocoa. Add to the previous mixture. In the end, add grated zucchini and chopped chocolate. Spread evenly into baking pan.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.