Not an actual salami, although it sure looks like one, this is a traditional Croatian dessert made around Christmas time.
By Tamara Novacoviç
It’s not an actual salami, although it sure looks like one. This is a traditional Croatian dessert made around Christmas time. It’s simple, tastes great and is decorative looking.
- 7.05 oz (200 g) good quality dark chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100 g) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 1.4 oz (40 g) almonds
- 2.1 oz (60 g) cookies
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
- On low heat, melt butter with chocolate. Add egg yolks to the mixture, stir for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, salt and rum. In the end, add crushed cookies and crushed (or roughly chopped) almonds. Stir to combine. Let cool slightly.
- Using parchment paper, roll it and shape a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and let cool in the fridge.
- When the mixture is cooled, roll it into powdered sugar and cut slices. Serve.