Inspired by the great Joanne Harris, Tamara Novacoviç decides to make these lovely chocolate mendiants.
By Tamara Novacoviç
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate (70 % cocoa)
- dried candied fruit
- various nuts
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Take a piece of parchment paper, put it on straight, firm surface. Take a spoonful of melted chocolate and put it on parchment paper, shaping discs. It is better to make them thicker.
- While the chocolate discs are still warm, top them with various dried fruit and nuts. Chop larger pieces.
- Put everything in the fridge and leave to cool and set completely. When hardened, carefully lift it from the parchment paper and serve.
- Keep in cool place.
- Note: This recipe yields about 50 mendiants.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.