- 2 cups dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups cake crumbs (i made crumbs from basic vanilla cake)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar (sifted)
- 2 tablespoon dessicated coconut (toasted)
- 2 tablespoon crispy cake crumbs (see the notes for the recipe)
- In a double boiler method melt chocolate with butter and stir until melted completely.
- Use half of this vanilla cake recipe (link above) to make the cake crumbs. Add the cake crumbs into the chocolate and mix until combined.
- Let the mixture firm enough to make round balls, keep it in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use small muffin liners.
- Take a tablespoonful of truffle mixture and roll it in between your palms to make round balls.
- Coat the balls in your favorite coatings and place in muffin cases or baking sheet.
- Store in airtight containers. Serve and enjoy.
To make the crispy crumb coating, take 1/2 a cup of cake crumbs with a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of sugar in a cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Cool and break into small pieces.
The truffle stays good for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Truffles