Most of us are so used to having lettuce on salads and eaten raw, but in Asia there are many dishes where it is served warm. Like this dish – blanched lettuce simply but deliciously dressed in hot garlic oil.
- 1 large Chinese lettuce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- Separate and chop lettuce leaves in smaller pieces. Set it aside.
- Blanch your lettuce in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain then set it aside
- In a small pan add oil then gently sauté the garlic over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the sugar and light soy sauce then turn the heat off. Mix well.
- Place lettuce on a serving platter then pour hot oil mixture on top. Serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blanching
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Chinese, China, blanching, lettuce, salad, vegetable, vegan, asian side dish, side dish, garlic, scalding