These wraps are easy like Sunday morning. Red onion, avocado, the chicken, and tzatziki sauce go in butter lettuce for a delicious swaddling.
By Julia Mueller
Oh hey, these things are easy like Sunday morning. You just whip yerself up a batch of tzatziki sauce. Red onion, avocado, the chicken, and tzatziki sauce go in the butter lettuce for the swaddling. Swaddled food is good food. The tzatziki sauce? Drink it.
These lettuce wraps come together quickly! Like one episode of Jeopardy quickly. Which means they’re probably the best TV dinner food item ever, follow my logic? But heck, you can also make the wraps on the weekend, because let’s face it: weekends are for playing – ain’t nobody got time to put together a meal that takes longer than an episode of American Pickers.
Let’s win this game called life.
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped into small bits
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Butter leaf lettuce
- Tzatziki sauce
- 1 to 2 avocados
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Chop cucumber and place in a colander. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt, toss, and place colander in the sink and allow cucumber to drain for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir together well.
- Serve on your favorite gyro, pita, or in wraps and on salads.
- Heat the oil to medium-high in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the chicken, and sauté, stirring frequently about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper, and stir well. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through but still tender, about another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry butter lettuce leaves.
- Add sliced red onion, avocado, chicken, and desired amount of Tzatziki sauce. Wrap em up and devour!