Chicken Dosa is an Indian pancake stuffed with a delicious spicy chicken filling.
By Anita Mokashi
We had been to Anjappar Restaurant for lunch on Sunday. This dish was on their menu. It was so delicious that I couldn’t stop myself making it again at home. It’s a Chettinad Delicacy.
Chettinad cuisine is the cuisine of the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu state in South India. It is famous for its use of a variety of spices used in preparing mainly non-vegetarian food. The dishes are hot and pungent with fresh ground masalas, and topped with a boiled egg that is usually considered essential part of a meal.
- 1 can of Shasta dosa batter
- 1 lb chicken-cut into small pieces
- 1 big onion slices
- 5 green chillies chopped
- Whole garam masala
- (shahjeera, cloves, pepper, big cardamom, bay leaf)
- 2 tbsp dahi
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 6-7 curry leaves
- ½ cup mint and coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- In a deep pan, heat oil.
- Add the whole garam masala
- Add sliced onions, chopped chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute till onions are translucent.
- Now add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala and red chilli powder. Mix it and let it cool till oil separates.
- Now add the chicken and mix everything well.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Add dahi and water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- The consistency should be thick.
- The chicken stuffing is ready.
- Now heat a non stick pan. Add few drop of water.
- Spread the dosa batter.
- Add few drops of oil
- Add spoonful of butter.
- Place the chicken stuffing on dosa and spread it well.
- Flip the half side and let it cook.
- Serve it hot with Tomato Garlic Raita