The lavender adds a breath of freshness that takes this lemonade to the next level.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
This turned out AMAZING! The cherries added flavor, sweetness and a beautiful color. The lavender added a breath of freshness and took the lemonade to the next level.
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup cherries
- 4 lavender sprigs (or 1½ teaspoons dried lavender buds)
- In a pot add the water, sugar, and cherries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- When it starts to boil reduce heat to a low simmer and add the lavender.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Strain pressing the cherries to get all of their juices. Do not discard the cherries
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator
- 1 cup cherry lavender syrup
- juice of 4-5 lemons (the amount of lemon juice is up to your taste, you can start with 3 and taste and decide if you want to add more)
- 3 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a jug and stir till combined.
Passionate food explorer Sawsan Abu Farha lives in Jordan and enjoys mixing east and west in her kitchen aiming to get the best of both worlds.Juggling work, motherhood, blogging and a passion for food and food photography, she shares her journey in her blog "Chef in disguise".