Baked with cheese, make these easy puff pretzels and serve with jam or mustard for a delicious appetizer.
Baked with cheese, makes these easy puff pretzels and serve with jam or mustard for a delicious appetizer. Recipe here: http://bit.ly/1qeFLA7
Posted by Honest Cooking Magazine on Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Loaded with butter, salt, and two kinds of cheese, this easy take on the pretzel is great to prepare before a party. We suggest devouring these delights promptly after they are baked so you can really appreciate their delicious crispiness. Not sure how to fold a pretzel? Check out the video and try the tried and true Silpat pretzel mat. We have to admit, we never bake anything without one of these non-stick mats lining our pans. (Honestly, it makes clean-up totally bearable.)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out a square of puff pastry until 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and cheeses.
- Roll over once with rolling pin or press with hands to help the cheeses stick into the butter and dough.
- Cut into 8-12 strips or about 3/4 of an inch wide.
- Fold into pretzel shapes and bake on a sheet pan lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.