Cauliflower is starting to appear more and more in the world of food. Why not make soup with it? If you do, here’s an awesome recipe.
By Kim Hamill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup milk (i used fat free lactaid milk) (yogurt would be nice too)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Place onion and cauliflower in a large oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Roast until golden.
- Place the cauliflower and onions in a large pot and add stock (keep a handful of cauliflowers aside to top the soup at the end).
- Bring to a boil.
- Let it boil 5 minutes.
- Puree with a blender and add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with roasted cauliflower on top.
By day, Kim is the 3rd generation in her family's NYC taxi business. By night, she writes about food, fashion, DIY projects, travel, and beyond on www.loveumadly.com. Her stories, recipes, and photographs have appeared in Marie Claire, NY Press, the Kitchn, HGTV.com, Food Gawker, and Finding Vegan. She doesn't sleep very much.