PARTNER POST – Get inspired with creatively crafted Castello Blue Cheese as we celebrate a Summer of Blue with #BluesdayTuesday.
Summer takes on a whole new flavor when classic grilled corn is served with a yogurt and creamy blue cheese sauce with fresh basil.
By Rinku Bhattacharya
There are few things more characteristic of summer than golden summer corn, roasted or softly cooked until it is tender crisp. My daughter loves her corn, and cannot get enough of it. I like to grill the corn and treat it simply, often sprinkling it with fresh lime juice and salt. There is something fun and childlike about picking up a whole ear of corn and biting into its soft and sweet kernels, actually the fun starts from the moment you begin removing the green leaves.
In fact, last week I tried something very different, combining the corn with the smoky and creamy blue cheese that the folks at Castello had sent me for their #BluesdayTuesday challenge.
For today’s feature I decided to make you grilled corn with a blue cheese and basil butter, finished with fresh lime juice and happily sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes. Happiness or summer, in a delicate sweet and savory cob. I prepared the “butter” ahead of time and it is actually a very versatile spread that works well on your choice of fish, or even drizzled and stuffed into peaches and nectarines. The butter is prepared with loads of chopped basil, creamy blue cheese and some thick and wholesome Greek Yogurt to form a thick and smooth paste, this is spread in chunks over hot freshly grilled corn.
The blue cheese from Castello offers a sophisticated and smoky taste with a creamy texture, I personally feel that the complex flavors work especially well with foods that offer a nice touch of sweetness. So, think fruit, fig jam and in today’s case fig jam.
- 4 tablespoons crumbled creamy blue cheese
- ¼ cup minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole Greek Yogurt
- Salt to Taste
- 4 medium ears of corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Beat together the blue cheese, basil leaves, Greek Yogurt and salt until well mixed and smooth.
- Place the corn over the grill on an open flame, and turn the corn gently every 3 to 4 minutes, until the corn is nice and golden brown.
- Squeeze the corn with fresh lime juice and dab with chunks of the blue cheese butter.
- Sprinkle the corn with crushed red pepper flakes and enjoy!