Pushpa Kumar’s lovely carrot muffins with coconut and walnuts can be made ahead of time and stores well.
By Pushpa Kumar
Moist,delicious and easy to make, these carrot muffins with coconuts and crunchy walnuts and pecans are perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a snack. It goes well with coffee, tea or your favorite drink. Can be made ahead of time and stores well wrapped and freezed for later use.
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon powder(+/- per preference)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs - 2 whole eggs + Only egg white from the other egg
- 2½ cups Shredded carrots
- ½ cup Shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts and pecans each
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Measure flour,cinnamon powder,salt and soda to a bowl.
- In another bowl add oil,vanilla,sugar and eggs,using an electric mixer mix on medium speed.
- Sift the dry ingredients from the other bowl,add to the wet mixture and mix again on low for a minute.
- Add carrots,coconut and the nuts and gently mix to blend well.
- Grease a muffin pan with oil and dust with flour and pour the batter and bake for 20-25 mins or till a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean.
Pushpa lives in Southern California.She loves listening to good music,travelling and enjoys photography.Her blog Taste as You Cook reflects her experiments in the kitchen.