A little treat like this will be rich and satisfying, but won’t leave you feeling like a glutton.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups smooth all natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate (bittersweet, semisweet, milk or a combination)
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3/4 cup thick caramel
- 50 mini candy cups (foil is easier to peel off)
- gold sprinkles (optional)
- Combine sugar, peanut butter and butter in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed until combined. Add the bourbon and vanilla and mix until combined. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag or a plastic bag with 1/2″ cut off one corner.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Once melted, stir in the espresso powder, turn off the burner and leave the bowl over the pot to keep it warm while you work. Use a small spoon or paintbrush to coat the bottom and up the sides of the candy cups with melted chocolate, and place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Put them in the freezer until set, about 10 minutes.
- Take the chocolate cups out of the freezer and use the piping bag to fill them with the peanut butter mixture 3/4 of the way full. Next, spoon a little caramel into each cup. Cover the caramel with a thin layer of chocolate. Sprinkle the tops with gold sprinkles if you feel fancy. Return the candies to the freezer until set, about 15 minutes.
- Candies can be stored tightly sealed in the fridge or freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins