Miniature tarts like these are great party food, but you can make these in the form of one large tart as well.
By Tamara Novakoviç
- 3.1 oz (90 g) powdered sugar
- 8.8 oz (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 4.4 oz (125 g) butter, cold
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 or 2 bananas
- 7.4 oz (210 g) sugar
- 2.9 oz (85 g) butter
- 0.5 cup (120 ml) sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 0.8 cup (200 ml) whipping cream
- For the pastry, combine all ingredients in a food blender, until all ingredients come together. Form a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll out on lightly floured surface. Cut out circles and place them into tart shells. Bake at 356 F (180 C) for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Make caramel sauce: melt sugar in a pot with thick bottom until it reaches brown caramel color. Add sour cream and butter. Stir until all lumps disappear. Let cool.
- Cut bananas into thin slices and place each slice into a tart shell. Fill with caramel sauce and decorate with whipped cream.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.