Phyllo dough is a great way to create excellent simple holiday entertaining recipes in no time.
By Cinta Farnos
- Sheets of phyllo dough (1 per cup, folded in half)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Buffalo Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Melted butter
- Flake salt
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Start making the phyllo pastry tartlets. To do this, use cupcake molds.
- Paint each mold with a little melted butter.
- Paint the phyllo dough sheets with melted butter using a brush. Take two half sheets, and carefully place in the molds, pressing them to create the shape of a cup. Bake in the oven until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
- While the phyllo cups are cooling, in an over safe dish, roast your cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, shreds of buffalo mozzarella, pesto and fresh basil leaves to each phyllo cup. Drizzle some extra olive oil over, and season with flake salt.
Cinta Farnós is a passionate food blogger, food photography trainee and a political scientist behind her blog, Trossets de cuina. Living in Barcelona, a bit obsessed with the "homemade" idea, when not working or baking, she constantly looks for new projects, new recipes and new places to go.