For the Pulled Butter Chicken
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 and half pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (the bone in ones will offer extra flavor)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons tandoor masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dred fenugreek leaves (optional, but seriously amps up the flavor)
For the cilantro yogurt sauce
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Mix together the yogurt, chicken, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garam masala and salt and sugar. See note.
- Place the mixture in the instant pot, set on five minutes of pressure and allow for a natural release.
- Remove the cover, turn on saute mode and add the butter and fenugreek leaves if using.
- Pull the chicken into shreds using two forks and remove any bones.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until most of the sauce is evaporarated.
- Mix the yogurt with the chopped cilantro.
- Split the rolls, spread with the chicken mixture. Top with a little yogurt sauce. Sandwich together and serve.
Marinating the chicken earlier helps a lot with both flavor and planning ahead.
- Category: Appetizer, Main