The slow cooker does all the work in this recipe making it the perfect dish for game day or any lazy sunday.
By Chris Cockren
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz bottle Buffalo wing sauce, preferably Frank's*
- 1 oz packet of dry ranch dressing mix, preferably Hidden Valley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbl butter
- *make sure it's the wing sauce and not just hot sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wing sauce, dry ranch mix, and garlic. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours (mine took closer to 6), until the meat is very tender and shreds easily. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker, along with the butter. Stir to combine, and cook on low for 1 additional hour so chicken can absorb the sauce.
- Can be enjoyed as a base for sandwiches, tacos, nachos, lettuce wraps, and wherever else your creativity takes you!