The slow cooker does all the work in this recipe making it the perfect dish for game day or any lazy sunday.
By Chris Cockren
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz bottle Buffalo wing sauce, preferably Frank's*
- 1 oz packet of dry ranch dressing mix, preferably Hidden Valley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbl butter
- *make sure it's the wing sauce and not just hot sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wing sauce, dry ranch mix, and garlic. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours (mine took closer to 6), until the meat is very tender and shreds easily. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker, along with the butter. Stir to combine, and cook on low for 1 additional hour so chicken can absorb the sauce.
- Can be enjoyed as a base for sandwiches, tacos, nachos, lettuce wraps, and wherever else your creativity takes you!
Chris is a New York based food blogger that loves bringing friends and family together through food. On his blog, Shared Appetite, Chris chronicles his culinary adventures of eating his way in and around NYC, as well as cooking and entertaining at home.