Ripe plums in this moist cake are absolutely divine. Grab a fork and dig in while they’re still in season.
By Soni Sinha
Bright sunny days
on my face,
joy of summer
a season,so awaited
for all it brings,
summer foods and fruits
cherries,berries and plums
that’s what I need
to revel in,
a dessert indeed
with juicy plums,
all in sight,
a bite is all you need,
to make you crave
this indulgent treat,
on a summer day so fine
in all its beauty,
- Unsalted Butter-1½ sticks room temperature
- All Purpose Flour-1½ cups plus 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Packed Light brown sugar-1/2 cup
- granulated sugar-1/2 cup
- Large eggs-3
- Pure Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
- Sour Cream-1/4 cup
- Plums-4 halved,pitted and cut into eighths
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan or baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until light andf fluffy.
- In a large bowl mix the flour,baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low,beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add in ½ of the flour mixture,then sour cream followed by the rest of the flour mixture.Mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into pan and smooth the top with a knife.
- Arrange the plums at the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar once cooled.
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.