Ripe plums in this moist cake are absolutely divine. Grab a fork and dig in while they’re still in season.
By Soni Sinha
Bright sunny days
on my face,
joy of summer
a season,so awaited
for all it brings,
summer foods and fruits
cherries,berries and plums
that’s what I need
to revel in,
a dessert indeed
with juicy plums,
all in sight,
a bite is all you need,
to make you crave
this indulgent treat,
on a summer day so fine
in all its beauty,
- Unsalted Butter-1½ sticks room temperature
- All Purpose Flour-1½ cups plus 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Packed Light brown sugar-1/2 cup
- granulated sugar-1/2 cup
- Large eggs-3
- Pure Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
- Sour Cream-1/4 cup
- Plums-4 halved,pitted and cut into eighths
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan or baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until light andf fluffy.
- In a large bowl mix the flour,baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low,beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add in ½ of the flour mixture,then sour cream followed by the rest of the flour mixture.Mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into pan and smooth the top with a knife.
- Arrange the plums at the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar once cooled.