Small, spiced sweets that are perfect to serve after a meal or at tea time made with brown sugar for a golden color and a beautiful aroma.
By Veronica Lavenia
Photo by G. Giustolisi
Small, spiced sweets that are perfect to serve after a meal or at tea time. Brown Sugar “Panela” (unrefined whole cane sugar) gives a golden color to pastry and a special fragrance to these tasty desserts.
- 200 g (7 oz) high quality unsalted butter
- 150 g (5½ 0z) “Panela” brown sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) brown rice flour
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) Farro (or Kamut) flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder “Bourbon”
- 1 and a half teaspoon of cinnamon
- cocoa and hazelnut cream spread to taste
- Knead the butter with the sugar. Add the flours, a pinch of salt, egg and knead until it forms crumbs.
- Add the tablespoon of milk, vanilla, cinnamon and knead until a firm dough.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 30 minutes, then roll out the dough and cut small cylindrical shapes, with the aid of a stencil. With another circular but smaller stencil shape form a small hole inside without going too deep and stuffed with hazelnut cream.
- Place the dessert in a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180°C (350°F/gas 4) for 10 minutes.