PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Let these tender lamb bites with a creamy feta and thyme sauce melt in your mouth. Make ahead of time and have the perfect party appetizer ready to be served with a bottle of red wine.
- 1-2 pounds lamb shoulder/leg bone-in
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thyme
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 Tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 cups Cavit Red Blend
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- Butter oil, egg wash
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Feta well crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small clove Garlic minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest optional
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy braising pan, heat oil in skilled and sear lamb on all sides.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- On the stove, add garlic, onion, thyme, carrots, and wine.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to the oven.
- Cook until lamb is done and tender, about 2 hours.
- Once cooked, pull lamb with fork into bite-sized pieces.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into small circles or squares.
- Brush with butter, oil, or egg wash and bake according to package directions.
- (Instead of puff pastry, crostini bread could also be used!)
- Stir together all ingredients, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Assemble pulled lamb on puff rounds and top with feta cream.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.