Don’t skimp on the quality of bourbon, the alcohol cooks out and you want to be left with a rich, buttery flavor.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons good quality bourbon (I used Four Roses)
- 1¼ cups pecans, halves and pieces mixed
- Pastry for single crust pie, 9?
- Line pie tin with crust, flute edges and set aside. For BARS: Use a 8×8 square or 10×6 rectangular pan
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and corn syrups until smooth
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and bourbon
- Stir in the pecans and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes additional, or until the edges are set but the center still “quivers” a bit.
- Do not over bake.
- Note: the pecans rise to the surface as the pie bakes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert