This blueberry pound cake is the perfect spring and summer dessert recipe. It is tender and swirled with blueberries, perfect with a scoop of ice cream.
You all know I absolutely love a tasty little snack with my coffee on the weekends. We did a huge Costco run and picked up a ton of produce.
The family loves anything made with blueberries. Put a little in the oatmeal with a little bit of Blueberry Freezer Jam. Mmmmm – so good. Or maybe a little slice of this Blueberry Swirl Pound Cake. So yummy.
Just look at those colors!! That swirl is just too pretty! I love making this spring treat all season long. Think of how perfect this would be at a brunch. Although, I am just as happy having this with my weekend coffee, no holiday or celebration required.
Blueberry Pound CakeGina Kleinworth
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Blueberry Jam divided click the link above for the homemade recipe
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray 2 - 9" loaf pans with Bakers Joy (I highly recommend this product for all cakes)
- In mixer- cream together your sugar & butter. Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs – one at a time & beating in-between each addition
- Scrape bowl down. Add lemon juice & vanilla
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Top with sour cream & then beat to combine – do not over mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries by hand with large spatula
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Top each with jam & then run a knife through a couple times to swirl it throughout.
- Bake 60- 75 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cool on wire rack at least 10 minutes before removing from pan & then continue to cool on wire rack until room temperature before cutting.
Gina is the author & photographer behind Kleinworth & Co. She is a homeschooling mom to 3 and devoted wife with a passion for all things creative. Gina lives in Northern Idaho but is a So Cal native & spent 12 years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Kleinworth & Co is a creative blog where Gina shares recipes, gift ideas, crafts, simple & cost effective ways to decorate your home, creative & fun projects for the kids & photography tips. Come visit to learn, share & get inspired on a budget.