Protein-packed pancakes are filled with plump blueberries, vanilla Greek yogurt and just the right amount of flavor for an awesome breakfast. Plus, they are topped with a sweet blueberry sauce.
By Gayle Spice
Light, fluffy, and bursting with fresh blueberries, these pancakes are the ultimate treat for when you want to indulge in a healthier, filling breakfast.
And let’s not forget about that blueberry sauce! It’s filled with blueberries and a touch of sweetness so that you can drizzle this over these decadent pancakes and feel like you’re in blueberry pancake heaven. This sauce is so good that I drizzled it over ice cream, added it to yogurt, and even ate a spoonful (or three) with just my trusty ‘ole spoon.
And I’m happy to report that these Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce are the tastiest, lightest pancake that I’ve eaten. The vanilla Greek yogurt adds in a punch of protein, while making these pancakes extra fluffy. After all, that’s a requirement in my book! And the blueberry sauce is the perfect topping for the dish!
And like most of my dishes, these pancakes are a breeze to whip up! I made a stack of these pancakes for the hubster and I in less than 20 minutes. And the blueberry sauce can be made while you’re flipping the pancakes, so it won’t take away time from devouring these babies.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? I’ve got you covered with Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal or Cinnamon French Toast Cups.Print
Blueberry Pancakes Made with Greek Yogurt
Protein-packed pancakes are filled with plump blueberries, vanilla Greek yogurt and just the right amount of flavor for an awesome breakfast. Pancakes inspired by Taste of Home.
- Author: Gayle Spice
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, brunch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Melt butter in a large griddle pan. Alternatively, heat oil in pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mixture onto hot griddle. Cook for two minutes, or until edges begin to bubble and the bottom turns golden brown.
- Gently flip over to other side and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare blueberry sauce (can also be made ahead of time).
- Combine the water, cornstarch, and sugar in a medium pot.
- Stir well until thoroughly combined and then add in blueberries.
- Stir occasionally, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Stir constantly for 2 minutes or until blueberries are thickened and begin to burst open.
- Pour sauce on pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Gayle is the blogger behind Pumpkin 'N Spice, a bog dedicated to easy and delicious recipes, sweet treats, and comforting meals that can be whipped up in no time.