B&B liqueur combines the herbal liqueur Benedictine and French Brandy. A pitcher of B&B Mango Bellinis promises to soften the stalwart and brighten an already stellar day.
By Taylor Mathis and Sally James
As a cocktail, mixing Benedictine and Brandy became popular when Hemingway mentioned the beverage in one of his short stories. Soon thereafter, B&B became widely available to satisfy consumer demand for the cocktail. There is something haunting, warm, fresh and complex about this cocktail. Perfect for a gab fest with your vintage friends or a marathon conversation with the keeper of your secrets.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 2 Tablespoons Dom Benedictine B & B liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 bottle extra dry Prosecco (750 ml), chilled
- Half the mango and remove the pulp. Using a blender, food processor or immersion blender, puree the mango pulp with the mango nectar. Put the mango puree into a large pitcher.
- Add the B&B and lime juice. Stir to blend. Pour the prosecco into the pitcher. gently stir and serve bellinis in champagne flutes.