- 300 g 11 oz soft tofu
- A handful fresh basil (washed)
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 80 g 3 oz green olives, pitted
- 6 to matoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp capers (desalted)
- White Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the tofu in salted water for 10 minutes from boiling. Pour the tofu into a mixer with basil, oregano and thyme (if necessary add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water). Blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- In a pan, cook the onion with a spoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the onion, desalted capers and olives to tofu and mix well. Pour the creamy tofu in a pan, oiled (or covered with baking paper).
- Cut the tomatoes and lay over the tofu cream.
- Brush the surface with the remaining olive oil spoons. Add the basil leaves and bake, in preheated oven, at 180° (350°F/ Gas 4).