These are baked cake doughnuts, so they are sort of better for you than the deep fried variety.
By Michelle Keith
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, prepared as package directs- but use the following substitutions:
- replace ½ the oil with melted butter
- replace the water with milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbs milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pour the batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake for 12-14 minutes; allow to cool and glaze.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, stir until smooth
Michelle Keith is a South Florida native and the author of "The Village Cook". A self taught chef, her experience cooking and baking spans over 30 years. In addition to her food blog, she has also been featured in numerous websites, and writes recipes for her local community newsletter. She also is the editor of "The Domestic Mama", a blog about motherhood and family life. She currently resides in South Florida.