Sweet pea pods and avocado round out this fresh citrus salad. Tossed with a toasted sesame dressing, this salad is a colorful way to celebrate the first lettuces of spring.
Citrus and Avocado Salad
- 2 cups of baby Arugula, washed
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1 slice of red onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pea pods
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh herbs (optional)
Toasted Sesame Seed Salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- a few drops of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- salt and pepper
- Arrange grapefruit and orange slices around the edge of your plate.
- In a small bowl, toss together onion, avocado, sweet pea pods and any fresh herbs that you wish to use. I used a few leaves of fresh mint.
- Fill the center of the citrus ring with the salad mixture.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on salad.
- Serve with Toasted Sesame Seed salad dressing.
- For salad dressing I combined grapefruit juice, orange juice, a few drops of toasted sesame oil, olive oil, honey and seasoned with salt and pepper. Whisk together and pour over salad.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side